Nineteenth Chapter


King Janaka says: Using the hook of self-knowledge, thorns of various opinions have extracted out from inside of heart by me.  1

There is no righteousness and duty, no objective or discretion, no duality or non-duality for me, who is established in Self.  2

There is no past, future or present, there is no space or time for me , who is established in Self.  3

There is no self or non-self, nothing auspicious or evil, no thought or absence of them for me, who is established in Self.  4

There are no states as dreams or sleep or waking. There is no fourth state 'Turiya' beyond these, and no fear for me, who is established in Self.  5

There is nothing distant or near, nothing within or without, nothing large or subtle for me, who is established in Self.  6

There is no life or death, not this world or any outer world, no annihilation or meditative state for me, who is established in Self.  7

For me who has taken eternal refuge in Self, discussion on three goals of life is useless, discussion on yoga is useless, discussion on knowledge is useless.  8